Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Truffles anyone? No more Meat

Never thought I would sell truffles, but I am. I might have good news about another job soon too!

In other news...

I am super riled up about the UNESCO report that I just read. ahhhh.... It's nothing new but it just hurts to read and I wanted to share it with all of those I love so that they may also feel the pain and suffering. " UNESCO reported that each day about 40,000 children die because of hunger or lack of nutrition. Meanwhile, corn and wheat are largely grown to feed livestock or to produce alcohol. Over 80% of corn and over 95% of oats produced in the United States are for feeding livestock. The world's cattle alone consume a quantity of food equivalent to the caloric needs of 8.7 billion people, more than the entire population on earth." OH my gosh!!!!

Thich Nhat Hahn says that "Eating meat and drinking alcohol with mindfulness, we realize that we are eating the flesh of our own children."

I leave all of you with that. It has been so great to hear from everyone, much love.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I would like you to send me some truffles...and a hamburger. I'm only kidding.

Hannah and Chad said...

hamburger? what are you implying? that i work at mcdonalds too?